Saturday 13 August 2016

All change...

All change...

...in light of recent changing circumstances, and with the ever widening scope of applicability and use of contemporary cultural anthropological techniques in other fields, as well as my lack of posts here but much more frequent ones on Kiltr, this is a wee catch up post. 

More so than ever, post Brexit vote, every experience in a cultural, social or political context in the UK, and particularly in areas where the democratic deficit underlined by the vote, everything feels like ethnography, all narratives more relevant than ever!  To that end, ahead of more frequent posting and commentary here taking those circumstances into account I'd like to re-publish some blog pieces originally published on Kiltr (as a Scottish based new media platform they have not only provided a fantastic forum for my pieces but also one in which, as a disabled man, I have found as safe a space as the internet has thus far been able to provide without impacting negatively on my condition; the user led, curated content is always vibrant and thought provoking and its my first stop daily web content wise, you can sign up for an acct here https://www.kiltr.com/  ), which should, if nothing else, make my own positions clear and perhaps contribute to conversation and debate around the ongong issues.

There are maybe eight longer blog pieces from Kiltr which I'd like to republish here and I'll pop them up over the next day or two with their original posting dates showing so theres no confusion over any time relevant statements (some were published pre-Brexit vote and immediately post so make reference to it in that light); the first two explain my personal position, I'll leave comments open for now in the hope that after reading them anyone commenting will be respectful since the impact of not doing so should also be clear on reading them.  Thanks for reading, first re-post The Politics of Sleeping Pts 1&2 coming very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment